The stage play ‘Stuck’ revolves around the life of the protagonist Margaret. Margaret is a middle aged woman whose life has never been at ease at any point ever. Her life is on a vicious cycle of anger and broken dreams that knows no stop. Un-forgiveness on the other hand has made her life more miserable than anyone could ever imagine it to be. She has some unfulfilled wishes and some dreams which were shattered before they had the chance to grow into something meaningful at all.
Margaret suffers from the lack of joy and serenity in her life. She just cannot be at peace and that is not only her condition but that of her children and her grandchildren as well, which is quite a bizarre situation. The generational strong hold seems to be the demon which has caged her father whom Margaret adores a lot and who is stuck in his own ways and mindset which he cannot get away from. Also stuck is her sister who has nothing to do but daydream all the time. A womanizing brother who just does not seem to have a grip on life is also a problem Margaret has in her life.
Her family had had their share of financial crisis generation after generation and it seems that there had been some curse. There have also been substance abuse along with dysfunction and the roots seem to lie nowhere to be caught and ripped off.
And then one of the family members declares that the family’s journey to find happiness will cease and that they will find what they had been looking for, for too long now. This won’t be an easy thing to do, for the demons hovering their lives seem to gain strength with each passing day, however it has to be done by someone at some time though. But there it will be, the solution coming forth with laughter, tears, music as the family will realize that the real victory had been lying within themselves all this time.
About the Roles
There is opening for various roles for the stage play and the requirements are as follows:
- The age of the applicants must be between 20-55 years for various types of roles there are many openings
- The ethnicity required for the play is African American
- The age of the applicants must be between 10 – 45 years as there are chances for various major and minor roles
- Ethnicity requirement for the roles in ‘Stuck’ is African American
About the Auditions
The audition details for the stage play ‘Stuck’ are:
- Auditions will be held on October 15th 2016
- Timings of the auditions are 11:00 am – 04:00 pm
- The auditions will be scheduled for you after you drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your applications via email latest by October 13th 2016
- The location for shoot is North Carolina so ensure your availability and apply only if you are a local