This is a casting call for a short film ‘A Piece of Bread’. This project is undertaken by Liquis Media Productions. The casting directors for this movie are Alvin Santos and Adam Kronenberger while Todd Lowery is the writer. Todd has also taken charge of the production and direction of this entire short film.
About The Director
Todd Lowry is one of the most talented people that are present in this industry. Having studied English/Screenwriting and Creative Writing, he seems to have mastered the skill. Todd has been the script supervisor for a number of different short movies including ‘Back to OZ’ and Forgive/Forget. An athlete with the ability to mimic a variety of different accents, he has decided to take his skill-set further and move into the direction and production capacity. Todd also received the HIMPFF Short Screenplay Award for ‘A Piece of Bread’ in April 2016.
About the Movie
The short movie A Piece of Bread is a story of a young boy who by chance happens to be at a crime scene. The boy who watches a robbery turn into a murder in front of his eyes confesses his sightings to a priest – who is willing to unveil the truth.
There are three roles open for this short film.
Charlie is one of the lead of the movie. He is the boy who witnesses the crime unfold in front of his eyes. The applicants for this role must be innocent looking and of a small sized built.
- Ethnicity: Caucasian
- Age: Between 5 to 8 years
- Other information: Advanced consent of parents is required on paper.
This is the priest in front of whom Charlie will confess what he saw. The applicants must be tough looking men with distinctive features.
- Ethnicity: Hispanic or ethnically ambiguous
- Age: Between 40 to 50 years
This is a supporting role in the movie. He is the guy who owns the store that was robbed.
- Ethnicity: Asian, Hispanic, or ethnically ambiguous
- Age: Between 45 to 60 years
- The last date to apply for auditions is 30th July, 2016.
- Shootings will commence from September in Fort Worth/Dallas – Texas.
- Hired actors will be given a credit in the titles, along with meals at shoots.
- This is a paid project. However, the pay will be deferred.
- All applicants must send a headshot along with their applications. Those applications that do not have a headshot with them will be discarded.
- Only people who reside in the following areas are encouraged to apply: Dallas – Texas, Houston – Texas, Oklahoma City – Oklahoma, San Antonio – Texas, Austin – Texas.
If you think you have the talent to play either of the above mentioned roles, the interest to work in a short film, and the desire to learn from a director who is thumping his name over the industry with his each passing project, all you have to do is visit this link and apply for your desired role.