‘The Son’ was a bestselling novel from 2013 written by Phillip Meyer. It is now being turned into a drama series by AMC. The writer himself, Meyer, will be executive producing alongside producers and directors Lee Shipman and Brian McGreevy. The show will have numerous seasons. The show is described by the writers as a show that is set in the 1800s in Texas. The show starts off by telling the life story of Eli McCullough and his family and how they faced the oil boom in Texas.
It caused quick increase throughout the entire region and brought about industrialization in America and that’s how it became a superpower. They show 6 generations of the McCullough family. The lead of the cast Eli McCullough is being playing by Sam Neil. The show revolves around how Eli made Texas an independent republic and how his nickname became the ‘First Son of Texas’.
This show is fundamental for the persistent success of AMC as the flagship show Breaking Bad just recently ended and it was one of the many shows that are breaking all the highest records. Another one that is also about to end is Mad Men. Along with those leading their way out, The Walking Dead is still going strong with almost 28 million viewers per week.
Details for Casting
AMC is casting background actors for the TV show ‘The Son’. The cast directors are seeking actors who will be available to work on set between the months of June and September 2016. They are looking for people who are flexible with timings and working days throughout the week. The show has an old west setting so anyone who applies for auditions should know how to ride a horse.
- Please send in your photos and contact information and please make sure that you are a local citizen before applying
- Payment will be 64% per 8 hours plus overtime if it goes over
- Please make sure that you email with a proper subject line that includes your ethnicity, gender and age
- In the rest of the email, please add your full name, phone number, a current photo of yourself, your age, current city, your availability during the week (Monday to Friday), whether you can ride a horse or not, height, weight, shoe size, pants size, shirt size, jacket size, and dress size
- Please add a portfolio of any projects you have previously worked on related to film and production
- You can also add your other talents and skills that you may have, such as photography, basketball, horse riding etc